POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Posting binaries : Re: Posting binaries Server Time
5 Aug 2024 10:26:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Posting binaries
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 6 Oct 2002 11:38:53
Message: <3da0590d$1@news.povray.org>
In article <Xns### [at] 204213191226>, "Rafal 'Raf256' Maj"
<raf### [at] raf256com> wrote:

> I assumed that he is asking about news.povray.org not about news://
> generaly, so I told that povray.binaries.* and even all povray.* groups -
> don't reject binary attachments.

Well, the limitations of news.povray.org in regard to filtering such
messages are the same as with all others newsservers.  For a newsserver the
content does not matter, it is treated transparently as part of the message.
The only way to reject posts is by using content size limits or message
filters usually intended for spam.

    Thorsten

PS: While John does not visit this server every day, he is still on
"oldtimer" on this server and knows the guidelines :-)

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde