POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : POV-Ray 3.5 makefile for Inprise (Borland) free command-line tools : Re: POV-Ray 3.5 makefile for Inprise (Borland) free command-line tools Server Time
4 May 2024 15:02:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray 3.5 makefile for Inprise (Borland) free command-line tools
From: Tony[B]
Date: 4 Oct 2002 18:16:13
Message: <3d9e132d$1@news.povray.org>
> But if You think, that mere 'Thank you' is sufficient, then think again!
> Now You have to provide some investment return (i.e. patches, defect
> corrections etc.)!

Of course! That was the whole point of compiling POV. :) It will be a long
time before you see anything from me, though. The code looks perfect to my
inexperienced eyes, so rather than trying to optimize what they've got there
right now, I'll be doing research into (dare I say) better algorithms which
produce at least equally good results. Wish me luck! :)

> But seriously talking I'd like to know, whether there were omissions or
> shortcomings in documentation or makefile in order to improve them. I
> finished this ca. 1.30 AM (4 hours past usual bed-time!!!

Only thing that I had to do was find htmlhelp.lib and winmm.lib. I used
implib (as per a suggestion on some site I've lost the URL to) to extract
winmm.lib from system32\winmm.dll. Oh, and I renamed it .obj. I have no idea
whether this is good or bad, all I know is that POV compiled and hasn't
crashed yet... It's just very slow compared to the official binary. About
half speed. :(

--
Anthony