POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Linked pov files : Re: Linked pov files Server Time
6 Oct 2024 14:04:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Linked pov files
From: nelson sandalwood
Date: 3 Oct 2002 15:42:49
Message: <3d9c9db9$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 03 Oct 2002 21:25:59 +1200, Steve wrote:

> Strange did you post it into an old scene or create a new POV file?

A new file.

> If it now renders fine without include files then I'd suggest that you
> have a permission problem with the include files, make those directories
> and files world readable.

Yes, I had thought that but Ican do less
/usr/lib/povray-3.5/include/colors.inc without a problem.

> When I commented out the 3.1 library paths then the problem went away.
> This issue is probably addressed in the docs I had't got as far as
> checking when I found the solution.

Yes. Iencountered that problem on the main machine some time ago.  What I
am trying to do isget a basic two machine render farm (or farmlet I guess
;-) goingwithout needing to copy changes to each machine but I can'teven
get a second one going. Sad.

--

 *   nelson sandalwood