POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-related math question : Re: POV-related math question Server Time
5 Aug 2024 10:17:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-related math question
From: Slime
Date: 1 Oct 2002 22:16:02
Message: <3d9a56e2$1@news.povray.org>
> okay, I think I can follow what's happening here, except for that "b
equals
> y-intercept" part... what is that, exactly?  thanks :)

It's the place where, if the line extended infinitely, it would cross the
Y-axis.

It might be easier to use the point-slope form of a line:

y-k = m*(x-h)

where the line passes through the point (h,k) and has slope m. (If you have
two points on a line, such as (a,b) and (c,d), which you do, you can find
the slope (m) via (d-b)/(c-a).)

There may be a problem if it's possible for the lines to be vertical.

 - Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]