POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Fractals with functions : Re: Fractals with functions Server Time
5 Aug 2024 10:24:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fractals with functions
From: Tom & Lu Melly
Date: 1 Oct 2002 14:44:35
Message: <3d99ed13@news.povray.org>
news:3d99db8c@news.povray.org...

>   The return value of the loop is how many times the recursive call was
> done.
>   See the problem?-)

Ah - I *think* that you're thinking of a different approach (which maybe
because my approach is unworkable - and it would certainly start to look
very messy after more than a couple of dozen recursions). No, I was thinking
of having each required recursion already coded - i.e. if you wanted 20
recursions the function-code would be approx. 2 times longer than for 10
recursions.

Anyway, I'll have a play tonight. I can't think of any concievable use for
such an approach as mine except for killing cats...