POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Bouncing ball : Bouncing ball Server Time
8 Jul 2024 15:14:24 EDT (-0400)
  Bouncing ball
From: Andrew Coppin
Date: 27 Sep 2002 12:13:01
Message: <3d94838d@news.povray.org>
Hi folks. Another day's work, another animation...

Actually, this is a fast one (12 mins to render - 8 when I only used 1 might
source!) It's a (hopefully) physically-correct bounding ball. Let me know
what you think!

http://www.btinternet.com/~orphi/Video/Kinetics1.m1v

It's roughly 1.5MB, 250 frame @ 25 fps = 10 seconds. Hope you like it ;-)

Notice how towards the very end the bouncing goes wrong... It's due to the
way the bounce detection macro works... A real ball would eventually just
roll along the ground, but mine keeps randomly bouncing. Theoritically if
you did it at a high enough frame rate (say, 1,000,000 fps) this would go
away - but there *has* to be a better way!

Anyway, my next project is the Chaos Penulum ;-)
Andrew.