POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Bubbles animation : Re: Bubbles animation Server Time
8 Jul 2024 16:56:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bubbles animation
From: Andrew Coppin
Date: 27 Sep 2002 05:36:48
Message: <3d9426b0@news.povray.org>
Hmm, yes - I have now deleted the "email" button from MSOE's toolbar. (Why
the hell would you want such a button anyway? I'm forever accidentally
clicking that thing... Sorry.) As for cross-posting... I think next time I
shall just post the thing to *one* list, then anounce it on other lists if I
think it's worth bothering. That way I don't have to check for replys on
several lists ;-)

Getting back to the subject of the animation... It sound be real easy to
make some sine wave ripples propogate outwards from the point of impact with
the water's surface. (Since I know the coordinates of every bubble...) Of
course, it would still be murder to get the bubbles to "burst" at the
surface - I have no idea how to even begin! Oh, and ripples would mean using
an isosurface or hight-field - not fast. I say again, the animation I posted

Ah well, we'll see...
Andrew.