POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Isosurface functions : Re: Isosurface functions Server Time
5 Aug 2024 12:20:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface functions
From: Tom Melly
Date: 24 Sep 2002 12:21:19
Message: <3d9090ff$1@news.povray.org>
"Sir Charles W. Shults III" <aic### [at] cflrrcom> wrote in message
>     Maybe you could try sphere sweeps controlled by a macro.  I suspect that
> something like a "maze-drawing" algorithm combined with the sweeps would give
> nice "brainy" look.

The thought had occured - as to an iso-surface solution, I remain (probably
stupidly) convinced that there must be some way of randomly deforming surfaces
where the randomness remains consistent (to generate something like a maze,
although not necessarily with a "solution").

Take a function like:

  #declare Bed_func = function(x,y,z){
    y +
    5 +
    (sin(x*5 - sin(z + f_noise3d(x,0,z))*1)/20) -
    (sin((x+z)*1 -
    sin(z + f_noise3d(x,0,z))*1)/30)
  }

But have less regularity in the sin waves, both in frequency and amplitude (if
I've got the terminology right), but without any wave crossing or intersecting
with another.