POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : object pattern & solid mesh? : Re: object pattern & solid mesh? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 12:16:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: object pattern & solid mesh?
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 24 Sep 2002 03:40:32
Message: <3d9016ef@news.povray.org>
Christopher James Huff wrote:

> Solid meshes should work fine in the object pattern, however, the object
> pattern is not suitable for isosurfaces. The object pattern has an
> infinite gradient at the surface of the object, the isosurface algorithm
> does not work well with this type of function.

  Well, I've not arrived to that point... but I'm fearing most of all the
render speed of this approach.

>> P.D.: the error was "Illegal texture or patch in clip, bound or object
>> pattern".
>
> I don't know what that error means...maybe you are specifying a texture
> for the object.

  In my case I think it means "Illegal patch in object pattern". I can use
whatever except a mesh (solid). And I'm sure it has no texture: it's a file
generated by Clothray, and I revised it carefully. I tried even with a
little solid mesh created by hand and still got the "illegal patch" error.

  Anyhow, I must think on another solution. Even if it worked, this is too
slow for a human life...

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia