POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ATTN Gilles Tran: your Library includes crash POV : Re: ATTN Gilles Tran: your Library includes crash POV Server Time
5 Aug 2024 12:16:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ATTN Gilles Tran: your Library includes crash POV
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 21 Sep 2002 20:34:40
Message: <3d8d1020@news.povray.org>

news: 3d8cdd2c@news.povray.org...
> following causes a parse error: illegal escape sequence in string
> with the default "fonts.txt" file...

Well, sorry about that. As Christoph said some of the POV-Ray 3.1 code has
some (minor) problems with 3.5. I did update all the Megapov objects, scenes
and macros to 3.5 but I somehow didn't think that 3.1 scenes would have
problems too. I'll look into that and correct it. The fact is that the
MakeLibrary suite would benefit a lot from 3.5 features so that I wanted to
improve it a little instead of just fixing it.

>I now have the following problem:
>how do I move the output of the macro around?

object{ TheMacro(blah,blah,blah,blah) translate blah blah blah}

(see the library_new.pov and library_old.pov if you missed them)

G.
--
http://www.oyonale.com