POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : underwater caustics examples : Re: underwater caustics examples - now calling Christoph Server Time
5 Aug 2024 12:17:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: underwater caustics examples - now calling Christoph
From: Tom Melly
Date: 20 Sep 2002 10:51:12
Message: <3d8b35e0$1@news.povray.org>
news:3D8B2DE9.2D0C3859@gmx.de...

> And in fact i would have expected you would be able to create something
> similar after reading the tutorial - that's what it is for and nearly
> every aspect of this code is handled in the text.

Ah - for some reason I thought that particular surface was a iso not just a
normal - I should have looked closer.

Actually I've realised the main problem I've been running into is too low a
photon count. I've switched to using spacing and am getting much better results.
I stupidly assumed that my lack of proper caustics was due to a bad function for
my water surface. Tchh.