POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : professional animation management : Re: professional animation management Server Time
6 Oct 2024 10:41:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: professional animation management
From: Peter Hertel
Date: 19 Sep 2002 04:10:07
Message: <3d89865f$1@news.povray.org>
"Gwen & Emory Stagmer" <emo### [at] comcastnet> skrev i melding
news:3D8### [at] comcastnet...
> I've got a generic curve generator called POVHerm.  It generates
> .INC files that give you a 3D Vector for each frame in the scene.

Sounds much like a spline to me. Except you can call a spline within POV-Ray
without use of any .BAT or include files. Docs [6.1.9] - Spline dentifiers.
Then again, teaching an old dog new tricks? :)

> Peter's examples are great!  I've been using POV for so long
> (since 2.2 I think) and macros are kinda new, so I tend not to
> use them too much - you can teach an old dog new tricks, but
> it takes more milk bones!! ;)

Thank you! Macros are a awesome tool! I've been using POV-Ray since v3.1,
(already for 4 years.. :-) But I learn new stuff (almost) every day. It
always take some time before I start to use the new things I learn though..
But macros are one thing that have saved me a lot of work.

-Peter
http://hertel.no/peter