POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Spline object: what is it? : Re: Spline object: what is it? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 18:18:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spline object: what is it?
From: Shay
Date: 18 Sep 2002 12:37:19
Message: <3d88abbf@news.povray.org>
Greg M. Johnson <gregj:-)565### [at] aolcom> wrote in message

> I understand the benefit of  "removing all duplicate vertices " as
mentioned
> in 3.5.2  Mesh2 Object.
>
> Q: If I'm making something complex ( for my brain at least), is there
still
> a huge render/parse benefit from using an UNoptimized mesh2 over anything
> else??

There is a considerable benefit over csg and some small benefit over
mesh(one). I'm not sure what you mean by an UNoptomized mesh2, but in order
to find vertex normals for your mesh(one) you will need to identify the
duplicate vertices anyway, so I cannot see any reason to use mesh(one) in
your final scene.

 -Shay