POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Creating 3D models : Re: Creating 3D models Server Time
5 Aug 2024 12:18:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Creating 3D models
From: Shay
Date: 15 Sep 2002 11:08:50
Message: <3d84a282$1@news.povray.org>
"Christopher James Huff" <chr### [at] maccom> wrote in message
news:chr### [at] netplexaussieorg...

> Sort of, but not like you are thinking. I'm talking about a language
> designed from the start for describing mesh generation or other
> surfaces, not a full scene description language. I have no idea what
> form the language would take or if it would actually be any better than
> a more traditional language with tools like function/macro libraries.

I started on something like this, and it kept me occupied for a few months
until I realized that I only really wanted it for myself so that I could
make pictures. I decided that the shorter path to that end would be to just
use SDL instead of learning C++ and trying to write a text based modeler.

My plan was not to write a full language like SDL or your Sapphire, however.
I was just going to write a very large set of C++ libraries which performed
several of the unusual algorithms I have devised for mesh building in
Pov-Ray alnog with some more traditional algorithms and spline uses. I'm
back to working on pictures now, trying an IRTC entry.

 -Shay