POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Distributed Rendering program (continued) : Re: Distributed Rendering program (continued) Server Time
5 Aug 2024 12:13:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Distributed Rendering program (continued)
From: George Pantazopoulos
Date: 14 Sep 2002 09:33:30
Message: <3d833aaa@news.povray.org>
Christoph,
    My original goal was to make an ultra-user friendly program with a
realtime render display, and also to learn MFC , hence the GUI. :) However,
now that you mentioned it, it would not be hard at all to also make a
commandline-only version of the Master as well. All the render control code
will be encapsulated into a RenderController class, so it wont matter
whether a GUI or a command-line is feeding it. Also, thanks for the cygwin
suggestion, as I do not use unix or have any unix/linux machines handy. As
far as radiosity goes, I will be looking into the PVMegaPov approach.
However is it really necessary to modify POV-Ray? What if the radiosity file
(from save_file) generated by each slave is harvested by the Master after
each tile is done and appended to the master copy of the octree (with
updates sent to each slave whenever a change to the octree is made) ?

Thanks for the insight, keep it coming :)
George Pantazopoulos