POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Distributed Rendering program (continued) : Distributed Rendering program (continued) Server Time
5 Aug 2024 12:21:25 EDT (-0400)
  Distributed Rendering program (continued)
From: George Pantazopoulos
Date: 14 Sep 2002 08:16:43
Message: <3d8328ab$1@news.povray.org>
Hey Cristoph,
    Yes, I've taken your previous comments to heart. While the Master is a
GUI Windows program, the slaves could be ported to any platform, since they
are command-line programs and communicate with the Master via a TCP
protocol. That way, you would only need one Windows machine for the entire
render farm, and it wouldn't need to be a particularly powerful or expensive
machine. Also I am coding in 48-bit support from the start :) And yes,
automating a 2-pass render is definitely a goal of mine. I know that if you
use always_sample off that you need higher quality settings and other
techniques to make up for the loss, but how do scenes *rely* on data
gathered during the final trace?

Also, thanks Peter for the link!

Thanks,
George Pantazopoulos