POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Possible bug in shiny bicubic_patch : Re: Possible bug in shiny bicubic_patch Server Time
5 Aug 2024 14:11:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Possible bug in shiny bicubic_patch
From: jansb000
Date: 14 Sep 2002 05:23:46
Message: <3d830022$1@news.povray.org>
> Both the edges have to meet *and* the slopes at the edges have to be
> identical for the reflection to be smooth.
>
>  - Slime

>   It's not enough for the patches to line up, their slopes should also be
> the same at the common edge.
>
> - Warp

Yep, this is how I modelled this scene. The edges line-up AND the slopes are
identical.
I have uploaded the scene file: "Possible bug in shiny bicubic-patch (11kb)"
in povray.binaries.scene-files  and I uploaded some pictures to show how the
controlpoints are defined in "Re: Possible bug in shiny bicubic_patch
(82kb)" in povray.binaries.images.