POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : pov on a mosix or openmosix cluster : Re: pov on a mosix or openmosix cluster Server Time
5 Aug 2024 12:14:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pov on a mosix or openmosix cluster
From: George Pantazopoulos
Date: 13 Sep 2002 16:44:33
Message: <3d824e31$1@news.povray.org>
Hi fransecso,
   Theo Gottwald has already done what you speak of, his program is called
SmPOV, and heres the link: http://www.it-berater.org/smpov.htm

Any yes, there will be problems wtih radiosity if you simply divide the
image into tiles and render. I'm currently doing research on solving it or
reducing its impact.

George

"hv" <fra### [at] hermanitosverdesorg> wrote in message
> I'm thinking about using POVray on a mosix or openmosix linux cluster.
> I need to do just still images for architectural visualization and i fell
in
> love with POVray 3.5.
> I am considering the possibility to start several POV processes, each
> rendering a set of rows of the same pov file. Processes are intended to
> migrate on the nodes of the cluster.
> I'd like to implement the whole thing through a script in order to split
the
> work into rows and start the appropriate POV processes. The same script,
or
> another one, should collect the rendered images and stick them togheter to
> obtain the final whole.
> As i am quite a newbie both at pov and at linux programming, i have
several
> questions i hope someone can kindly help me to answer:
> 1) Will i be able to start several pov processes at the same time? should
> set up different INI files?
> 2) Will processes really migrate ?
> 3) Can there be problems using radiosity as the ones shown in PVMpov
(which
> i had considered to use, but it's not arrived at version 3.5 yet)?
> 4) as anyone (as i suspect) already written such sort of scripts? if yes,
is
> he/she willing to share the scripts (asking too much? uhu?)?
> 5) is it possible to stick togheter automagically the partial images?
which