POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : About THAT idea... : Re: About THAT idea... Server Time
5 Aug 2024 20:18:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: About THAT idea...
From: Ive
Date: 13 Sep 2002 14:17:58
Message: <3d822bd6$1@news.povray.org>
> Hmmm, interesting....IrfanView and ACDSee support LogLuv TIFFs
>
> I if read correctly libtiff(3), it already does colorspace conversion...
>
> POV uses libtiff, right?
> Anyone remembers how do we convert from RGB to XYZ?
>
> Stay tuned,
> Alex

Ahem, sorry, did not try to interrupt the discussion just would like to
mention that my little piece of software also reads LugLuv tiff images
but does allow you to adjust the color range BEFORE it is clipped to
poor RGB color space for viewing. And this shows the real advantage
of the LogLuv color format. It works fine with Greg Wards test images.
And my viewer did this long before IrfanView or ACDSee have even
heard about that something like LogLuv exists...

HDRI would be great for POV,  if I only had more time..
-Ive

Just if someone is interested, here is the link:
http://www.lilysoft.com