POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : About THAT idea... : Re: About THAT idea... Server Time
5 Aug 2024 22:20:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: About THAT idea...
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 13 Sep 2002 08:54:18
Message: <3d81dffa@news.povray.org>
Ken wrote:

> As far as I know there are no plans [by the POV-Team] for a version 3.6
> and no plans to change those plans. People are going to have to put up
> with unofficial patches until POV-Ray v4.0 comes out.

 Well, the new "megapov" can take the role of the missing 3.6, if some of
the known techies can glue all the future patchs togheter. I've no doubt
that such new "superpatch" (or whatever you like to call it), will be made,
but surely not before some (few?) months. And most of us will be using it
until v4.0, as we have done with the old megapov until 3.5 was released.

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia
http://www.ignorancia.org