POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POVRay Script Failure (Exit 11) : Re: POVRay Script Failure (Exit 11) Server Time
5 Aug 2024 14:17:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVRay Script Failure (Exit 11)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 10 Sep 2002 12:09:33
Message: <3d7e193d@news.povray.org>
In article <3D7E15B2.BC810596@bbsrc.ac.uk> , Simon Andrews
<sim### [at] bbsrcacuk>  wrote:

> What I've found is that povray, when called with *any* command line
> switches (including +gafile), will silently die if the DISPLAY
> environment variable is not set (which it isn't in a CGI script).  If I
> manually set that variable to some arbitrary number (which isn't used),
> then povray suddenly bursts back into life, and does all of its
> processing as expected.  Interestingly povray will work without this
> variable if you don't call it with any switches at all.

Because it supports X?  That is, it cannot know you don't want the preview
until _all_ options have been parsed.  That includes those in INI files,
which could just as well turn preview on also you turned it off on the
command line...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde