POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Writing distributed renderer. Seeking .ini advice from experienced users :) : Re: Writing distributed renderer. Seeking .ini advice from experienced users :) Server Time
5 Aug 2024 14:18:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Writing distributed renderer. Seeking .ini advice from experienced users :)
From: hughes, b
Date: 10 Sep 2002 00:21:40
Message: <3d7d7354$1@news.povray.org>
A broad meaning to that word, experienced.

Reading your message I wasn't sure if you were saying each possible INI
setting might be in a individual file, separately added on a command line
later on; or if any of the settings could be selected and then applied to a
single INI file, non-inclusive to that master "custom" INI mentioned.

I use them plenty, not always sticking to the default quickres.ini, but most
often for animations. I haven't used a INI to run external commands in quite
a while, were you going to allow for such a thing though? I really dropped
off using multiple ones since POV for DOS and early on in POV for Windows.
Just a trend I guess. I should get back into using them more but it can turn
into a cluttered mess if order isn't kept. I've become a editor of a few
INIs more recently instead of choosing from a myriad of them. That will
probably change in the future.

--
Farewell,
Bob