POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Problems compiling povray on solaris. : Re: Problems compiling povray on solaris. Server Time
6 Oct 2024 13:52:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problems compiling povray on solaris.
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 9 Sep 2002 14:33:33
Message: <3d7ce97d@news.povray.org>
In article <3d7ce1dd@news.povray.org> , Thomas Willhalm
<tho### [at] uni-konstanzde>  wrote:

>>> I'm trying to compile povray 3.5b (does b mean BETA? I've downloaded
>>
>> The POV-Team does not and never has since pre-3.0 times, distributed beta
>> or alpha source code.  All source code on povray.org is exactly the source
>> code used to build the official binary versions of POV-Ray.
>
> Is there any special reason why this isn't something like 3.5.2?

Yes, the changes are platform specific.  The source code is version 3.5.
The little 'b' just denotes that it is the third Unix version, after all
there has to be some way to distingush them, and changing the minor version
number would not be correct.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde