POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : macros returning values : Re: macros returning values Server Time
5 Aug 2024 14:14:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: macros returning values
From: Shay
Date: 9 Sep 2002 11:26:16
Message: <3d7cbd98@news.povray.org>
TinCanMan <Tin### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message

This also helps when I am developing code. I write a macro which performs
some operation to an array. I will then write the array to an include file
in the form:

#macro Name_Array [NAME]
  #local NAME = array[120843]
   {[array items]}
#end

This allows me to parse only subsequent operations to the array *without*
using any global #declares. It also allows me to remove several data items
from a macro which I might use to find a problem later. I can name any
values at all which I declare within my macro and write the information
outside of the macro when I am done. Then, when the macro is working as
intended, I can remove these items only from between the parenthesis in the
macro definition without having to crawl through the macro and remove
anything.

  -Shay