POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : environment mapping : Re: environment mapping Server Time
5 Aug 2024 20:23:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: environment mapping
From: Zeger Knaepen
Date: 8 Sep 2002 07:28:10
Message: <3d7b344a$1@news.povray.org>
"Rafal 'Raf256' Maj" <raf### [at] raf256com> schreef in bericht
news:Xns### [at] 204213191226...
> solutnion #1 with no_reflection would be perfect, UNLESS :
> A - object with no_reflection
> B,C - standart objects with standart pov's relfection { }
> now :
> + A will reflect sky-sphere and will look like with env_mapping
> + A will NOT reflect itself (if it is a complex shape)
> + B will relfect C (and vice-versa)
> + B and C will reflect A
> but:
> - A will reflect not only sky, but alsow B and C objects.
> I know that the last effect is photo-realistic, but it disallow some
> artistics effects (and speed improvment)
Oh, I see... You want pure environment_mapping for 1 object and real
reflection for another object?
Hmmm, I don't reall think that's possible, unless you're happy with Gilles
Tran's solution (which might indeed give nice effects in some cases).

cu!
--
ZK AKA SaD
http://www.povplace.be.tf