POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : About a (maybe) cool idea with blobs and splines... : Re: About a (maybe) cool idea with blobs and splines... Server Time
5 Aug 2024 20:18:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: About a (maybe) cool idea with blobs and splines...
From: Rune
Date: 6 Sep 2002 15:03:24
Message: <3d78fbfc@news.povray.org>
Greg M. Johnson wrote:
> I don't know if you already thought of this or not,
> but here goes:
>
> Make two transforms for every component of your blob object
>
>     1) Transform_to_construct_the_skeleton_component{}
>     2) Transform_to_animate_your_component{}

Of course you can have the textures follow the individual blob
components, but that doesn't mean that the textures follow the surface
of the blob.

For example, if you have two blob components with a texture each, then
the texture in the first will follow the first component, and the
texture in the second will follow the second component, but the texture
on the area where the components blob together will not properly stretch
and bend to follow the surface. Instead it will simply be an average of
the two textures with the two different transformations, and the result
will be rather blurry and not work well in animations.

The exception, as I've said before, is when the textures are very plain
in the first place with almost no patterns in them. Your animation is a
fine example of that.

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com (updated July 12)