POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : About a (maybe) cool idea with blobs and splines... : Re: About a (maybe) cool idea with blobs and splines... Server Time
5 Aug 2024 20:21:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: About a (maybe) cool idea with blobs and splines...
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 6 Sep 2002 12:52:21
Message: <3d78dd45$1@news.povray.org>
"Rune" <run### [at] mobilixnetdk> wrote in message
>  Even though the textures of blob components are
>  smoothly blended together, the textures will still look
>  ugly when the figure is animated, because the textures
>  don't follow the skin properly.

I don't know if you already thought of this or not, but here goes:

Make two transforms for every component of your blob object

    1) Transform_to_construct_the_skeleton_component{}
    2) Transform_to_animate_your_component{}

#1 doesn't have to be #declared independently for every component, you can
just replace this with appropriate rotations, etc.
#2  is only declared for each "bone", such as forearm, thigh, etc....

Then do:

blob{
sphere{0,1
    transform{ Transform_to_construct_the_skeleton_component }
    texture{Texture_of_Skin}
    transform{ Transform_to_animate_your_component}
    }

...}

etc.

This is how my blob mon is constructed, as in my last IRTC anim and
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.animations/26056/