POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Camoflague Texture : Re: Camoflague Texture Server Time
5 Aug 2024 14:11:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Camoflague Texture
From: Tom Melly
Date: 6 Sep 2002 08:54:41
Message: <3d78a591@news.povray.org>
"Peter Popov" <pet### [at] vipbg> wrote in message

> Not really, unless you count on total internal reflection to save the
> poor bum. Otherwise, esp. without any dispersion in the interior (as

Well, yes, as I said, no good for a death-ray. But for a laser-sight, it should
help (actually, it would help with any kind of sight). The bullet won't end up
where the laser points, since the laser will be refracted but the bullet won't.

iirc Doc Savage has heavy refracting glass on his penthouse which saved his life
from a sniper....

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0072886

f-ups set...