POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : variable/adaptive radiosity count : Re: variable/adaptive radiosity count Server Time
3 May 2024 17:23:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: variable/adaptive radiosity count
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 5 Sep 2002 23:54:55
Message: <3d78270f$1@news.povray.org>
"Jaime Vives Piqueres" <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote...
>   I was thinking yesterday about your adaptive-count experiment, and was
> wondering how it will decide to shoot more rays.  Distance, of course! I
> figured then it would be nice to have also adaptive error_bound and
> nearest_count. Makes it sense to have all them adaptive at the same time?
> It's possible? (Indeed, excuse my total ignorance about radiosity
> implementation....)

nearest_count could be adaptive.  However, error_bound cannot be adaptive.
As far as I can tell, error_bound is used during the creation and searching
of the radiosity octree, so it must remain constant (same value should be
used for search as for creation).

-Nathan