POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : inside_vector ??? : Re: inside_vector ??? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 14:11:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: inside_vector ???
From: Slime
Date: 5 Sep 2002 15:38:39
Message: <3d77b2bf@news.povray.org>
> I don't understand what's ambiguous about "To determine if a point is
> inside a triangle mesh, POV-Ray shoots a ray from the point..."

He's just saying that, while it explains how the inside_vector is used, it
doesn't explain how to choose the inside_vector.

Now, if you can understand the explanation of how it's used, then it's clear
how to choose it. But I agree that a statement such as "choose a point
inside the mesh for inside_vector" would be appropriate for less
mathematically inclined users, if such a statement isn't already in there.

 - Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]