POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : SSE2 and Linux : Re: SSE2 and Linux Server Time
6 Oct 2024 13:44:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SSE2 and Linux
From: Micha Riser
Date: 4 Sep 2002 14:19:52
Message: <3d764ec7@news.povray.org>
Augustus wrote:

> The SSE2 optimizations found in the Windows port of POVRay don't seem to
> show up in the Linux port.  Why is this or am I missing something?

So far only Pentium4 support SSE2. I can prepare a linux binary that uses
SSE2 intructions.. but so far I have found nobody with a P4 to test it. If
you have such a beast and would like to do the testing I will make a binary
for it.

- Micha

--
http://objects.povworld.org - the POV-Ray Objects Collection