POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: povQ&T (aka. povVFAQ) new look : Re: povQ&T (aka. povVFAQ) new look Server Time
6 Aug 2024 00:12:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povQ&T (aka. povVFAQ) new look
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 3 Sep 2002 13:07:58
Message: <3d74ec6e@news.povray.org>
Ron Parker wrote:
> Why
> shouldn't I be able to view ANY webpage with my Palm, rather than just the
> ones that have been "designed" for it?

Same reason you can't view them on your watch: because that device's
software or display capabilities aren't sufficient to display web pages.

Of course, a Palm is far more capable than a watch, and should be able
to display some web pages, but the principle remains. Even if we ignore
PC-biased web design, some pages will have *content* that depends on
scripting, high-resolution graphics, or the like, and therefore couldn't
work on any "merely" HTML-compatible devices anyway. Therefore,
regardless of your philosophy on web design, you must accept that you
will never be able to see everything on such a device.

-Xplo