POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Variable radiosity parameters test (~220k) : Re: Variable radiosity parameters test (~220k) Server Time
15 May 2024 13:30:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Variable radiosity parameters test (~220k)
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 3 Sep 2002 12:45:27
Message: <3d74e727@news.povray.org>

3D74CA7E.E59ED0AA@gmx.de...

> I already feared to get replies like that now, but considering radiosity
> was quite commonly used recently i assumed there would be more interest in
> such extensions.

I guess that the lack of answers is due to the fact that demo doesn't show
off the benefit of it as some artefacts disappear but other come up (like
the brighter spots in the middle of the walls or on the underside of the
door). And the render time is longer too, which is an undesired effect I
suppose.

Still any idea about controlling the radiosity quality is interesting and
may prove to be valuable, so keep on trying !!! And like Jaime says, the
more automatic the better...

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com