POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Lightsetting for Lego Ferrari : Re: Lightsetting for Lego Ferrari Server Time
3 Jul 2024 06:49:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lightsetting for Lego Ferrari
From: hughes b
Date: 2 Sep 2002 22:06:17
Message: <3d741919@news.povray.org>
"Lars C. Hassing" <lch### [at] ccieuropecom> wrote in message
> "hughes b" <omn### [at] charternet> wrote...
>
> Hi Bob,
> thank you very much for taking the time to experiment with the Ferrari.
> I think you got it very Brazilesque.
> For convenience I use the LDraw coordinate system in POV too,
> so "sky -y" may look strange. See the coordinate system here:
> http://home16.inet.tele.dk/hassing/l3p_i/L3GLOBE2.jpg
> http://home16.inet.tele.dk/hassing/l3p.html#l3globe
> In the CAD program I can read the coordinate of the right
> front wheel to <190, -46,  -170> which can be used as the focal_point.
> (though your settings didn't seems to give much blur...)
> /Lars
> PS. thanks for the nice comments about my LDraw work.

Welcome, thanks, and welcome Lars. I didn't do well with it really. Maybe
considering the short time I had. That radiosity needed improving, and that
focal blur--- I still can't figure out why it doesn't work when focal_point
is added. I've retried it today, a kind of sanity check; if left out, so
default is used, it works but is set to <0,0,0> of course. And I'm not even
sure that's someplace at or away from the car, every time I rendered it the
blurring only had uniformity instead of depth. Since any other scene file I
try is okay this makes me think it has to be your scene file causing it
somehow.