POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: povQ&T (aka. povVFAQ) new look : Re: povQ&T (aka. povVFAQ) new look Server Time
6 Aug 2024 04:24:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povQ&T (aka. povVFAQ) new look
From: Warp
Date: 2 Sep 2002 22:04:26
Message: <3d7418a9@news.povray.org>
Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:
> I appreciate you making the compromise you did for the sake of the VFAQ and
> welcome you to present the rest of your site however you wish.

  When you first reported with the problems viewing the pages with N4,
I was already ready to make the necessary modifications in order to make
the pages work, if you remember, even thought I didn't consider it a too high
priority task, and I didn't want to compromise the layout more than
necessary. At that time, however, I didn't know what was the exact
problem and how it could be solved. I afterwards made some investigation
and found an acceptable solution to the problem (w3.org was a great help
in this).
  However, what triggered the flamewar was that I got some comments which
were more or less of type "your new pages suck!". This made me angry,
which caused lots of heated discussion and opinions, some of them a bit
too exaggerated. After all, I had made quite some efforts to finally
update the look of the Q&T pages so that they would be easier and nicer
for the users to read and browse.
  It was not my intention to start such a flamewar. It's just that when
someone despises something that is important to me and that I have made
with effort, I often lose my temper.