POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: povQ&T (aka. povVFAQ) new look : Re: povQ&T (aka. povVFAQ) new look Server Time
6 Aug 2024 02:22:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povQ&T (aka. povVFAQ) new look
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 2 Sep 2002 20:28:17
Message: <3d740221@news.povray.org>
In article <3d73fb58@news.povray.org> , Xplo Eristotle <xpl### [at] infomagicnet>
wrote:

> Which strongly implies that use of a table constitutes "layout".
> Therefore, since you claim to be against authors having or exerting any
> control over a document's layout, you must want to rid the world of
> tables as well.

No, you have to read the whole long paragraph in the HTML 4.0 specification
that sits before the little passage that I quoted.

> Structure, structure. Layout! Structure is not layout! Blah blah blah!
>
> Six of one is half a dozen of the other. You haven't got much of an
> argument if it depends on defining one thing as two different things as
> it suits your purpose.

Well, if you insist that structure and layout are the same for you it is
pointless to argue with you.  You have to be able to comprehend the meaning
of words and their differences to be able to participate in an argument.

I am not going to bother arguing on a level as low as your interpretation of
clearly different words.  If you prefer arguing over the obvious, go to
kindergarten, it is the right place to do so.

As far as I am concerned, killfiles are useful...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde