POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: povQ&T (aka. povVFAQ) new look : Re: povQ&T (aka. povVFAQ) new look Server Time
6 Aug 2024 10:26:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povQ&T (aka. povVFAQ) new look
From: Pandora
Date: 2 Sep 2002 19:30:44
Message: <3d73f4a4@news.povray.org>
news:3d73f0a0@news.povray.org...
> In article <3d73eadf@news.povray.org> , "Pandora"
> <pan### [at] pandora-softwarecom> wrote:
>
> >     Enlighten us Thorston, what are *your* definitions of "layout",
> > "structure" and "content" ?
>
> For your futher reference from a source you seem to believe is always
right:

    Okay, for me the difference between what you seem call "layout" and
"structure" is one of a level of abstraction. You may have a structure tree,
thus :

Contents.
Section 1.
Section 2.
    Subsection 1.
    Subsection 2.
Section 3.

But, if we then take the down a level of abstraction we may get, something
like :

Contents.
    Content line 1.
    Content line 2.
    Content line 3.
Section 1.
    Column 1.
        Paragraph 1.
        Paragraph 2.
    Column 2.
        Paragraph 1.
        Image 1.
        Paragraph 2.
        Table 1.
and so on...

    So just where does "structure" stop and "layout" begin ? Are columns
"layout" or "structure" ? What about paragraphs ? or sentences ? What about
tables ?

--
Pandora/Scott Hill/[::O:M:C::]Scorpion
Software Engineer.