POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Lightsetting for Lego Ferrari : Re: Lightsetting for Lego Ferrari Server Time
3 Jul 2024 06:32:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lightsetting for Lego Ferrari
From: Lars C  Hassing
Date: 2 Sep 2002 18:59:14
Message: <3d73ed42$1@news.povray.org>
"Kari Kivisalo" <pro### [at] luxlabcom> wrote...
> A variation of the overused light dome/light tent setup.
> http://luxlab.com/tmp/lego.jpg

Thanks Kari,
what a wonderful rendering, so real that you just wanna grab the car and play with it!
Jonathan is right, POV-Ray has nothing to envy to Brazil, when it comes to quality.
Thanks guys, I *knew* it could be done with POV-Ray.

But please shed some light on me too - how did you do it ?
"overused light dome/light tent setup" - is that a very-often-used-setup,
that I should know about?
What were the exact settings ?
Have you also used radiosity?
Is radiosity the best (or a necessity) for photo-like images?
/Lars