POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Lightsetting for Lego Ferrari : Re: Lightsetting for Lego Ferrari Server Time
3 Jul 2024 06:51:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lightsetting for Lego Ferrari
From: Lars C  Hassing
Date: 2 Sep 2002 18:58:19
Message: <3d73ed0b$1@news.povray.org>
"JRG" <jrg### [at] hotmailcom> wrote...
> I don't have the time to render a focal blurred version right now. Anyway that looks
> like post processed FB.
> I didn't spend much time in tweaking, actually there was nothing to tweak: I changed
> the colors with those ones that I usually use and was satisfied with them.
> Sure it could use some work on the colors or finishes choice, but you got the idea:
> http://digilander.libero.it/jrgpov/images/ks2556_no_blur.PNG.
> Sure, focal blur would add so much to the realism but it's a start, and it's too
late
> (3:10 am ;-).
> BTW, very nice model!

Hi Jonathan,
you really shouldn't have stayed up all night, but the result is amazing!
And even the blurred rendering from the next day looks very crisp.
Remarkable close to the original Brazil rendering.
The floor under the car seems a bit blue-ish, why not gray-ish?

You have used "reflection {0.025,.7 falloff 4}" which is PovRay 3.5
Can it be done in 3.1 ?
(or is the general opinion that 3.1 is something that you don't consider anymore?
I'm asking because we sometimes use some POV 3.0 include files
that include colors.inc, and this gives problems like described in
http://news.povray.org/povray.general/25705/
which didn't get any replies..)
/Lars
PS. I'm afraid I can't take credit for the model, it was made by Lego:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/2556