POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Lightsetting for Lego Ferrari : Re: Lightsetting for Lego Ferrari Server Time
1 Jul 2024 07:40:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lightsetting for Lego Ferrari
From: Lars C  Hassing
Date: 2 Sep 2002 18:56:55
Message: <3d73ecb7@news.povray.org>
"hughes b" <omn### [at] charternet> wrote...
> "Lars C. Hassing" <lar### [at] ofirdk> wrote in message
> > in my spare time I am part of an international community called LDraw.
> > We enjoy making computer images of Lego models.
> > http://www.ldraw.org
>
> Remarkable. You have a fine thing going there, a great combination of fun
> and work.
>
> I tried your pov file and got it looking a little Brazilesque I think.
> Trouble is, I encountered a problem with focal blur. If I use focal_point
> nothing happened, but if I left it out entirely not just say <0,0,0> it
> blurred seemingly uniformly. Looks like only exagerated AA applied.
> Couldn't figure out what I needed to do to get it working right, thought
> maybe it was due to the sky -y or the location being vaxis_rotate. Must be
> something I'm not doing right but I tried several different focal_points,
> the demo scene focalblur.pov is okay.
>
> Here's the rendering I did of it anyway, hopefully I can get it fixed up
> better. Again, I really like what you have done at your descriptive web
> page. http://webpages.charter.net/omniverse/various/legocarbrazil.jpg
>
> Bob Hughes

Hi Bob,
thank you very much for taking the time to experiment with the Ferrari.
I think you got it very Brazilesque.
For convenience I use the LDraw coordinate system in POV too,
so "sky -y" may look strange. See the coordinate system here:
http://home16.inet.tele.dk/hassing/l3p_i/L3GLOBE2.jpg
http://home16.inet.tele.dk/hassing/l3p.html#l3globe
In the CAD program I can read the coordinate of the right
front wheel to <190, -46,  -170> which can be used as the focal_point.
(though your settings didn't seems to give much blur...)
/Lars
PS. thanks for the nice comments about my LDraw work.