POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Label on a Jar : Label on a Jar Server Time
5 Aug 2024 14:19:44 EDT (-0400)
  Label on a Jar
From: Andrew Wilcox
Date: 2 Sep 2002 17:25:00
Message: <3d73d72c$1@news.povray.org>
I'm adding an image map to a glass cylinder as a label on a jar.  The label
however does not wrap around the entire jar.  It's very small.  If I use
cylindrical mapping, it warps the small label around the entire jar, and I'm
not sure how to unwarp it back to proper size.  If I use planar mapping, I
get a label on both sides of the jar, since the planer extends in the z
direction infinitely.

What are my options here?  Am I missing something?

Andrew Wilcox