POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Generating a mesh from points...? : Re: Generating a mesh from points...? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 14:16:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Generating a mesh from points...?
From: Micha Riser
Date: 2 Sep 2002 15:31:31
Message: <3d73bc91@news.povray.org>
From what I understand your problem the "convex hull" of the points is what
you are looking for. The convex hull is the smallest surface of set of
triangles that contains all of the points in its interior (probably a bad
description). This is the set of triangles that you are looking for. It can
be created in O(n log n) (where n is the number of points). I cannot give
you a detailed algortihm for that right now as I only know it for 2D. But
searching for "convex hull 3d" in google gives plenty of results.

- Micha

--
http://objects.povworld.org - the POV-Ray Objects Collection