POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Memory limit & reset : Re: Memory limit & reset Server Time
5 Aug 2024 14:14:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Memory limit & reset
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 2 Sep 2002 07:31:24
Message: <3d734c0c@news.povray.org>
In article <3D7346FA.729D5BD1@gmx.de> , Christoph Hormann
<chr### [at] gmxde>  wrote:

> Neat, but the data sheet says it only supports up to 2 GB memory on board
> and what's 64 bit address space worth with only 2 GB memory.

I know, but it is the cheapest available 64 bit workstation I know about.
And applications will be able to use all the virtual memory the harddisks
can provide.  The only other options would be the servers Sun or the many
other companies sell, but the price tag is out of Ingo's reach, I suspect
;-)

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde