POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: povQ&T (aka. povVFAQ) new look : Re: povQ&T (aka. povVFAQ) new look Server Time
6 Aug 2024 08:18:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povQ&T (aka. povVFAQ) new look
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 1 Sep 2002 08:42:15
Message: <3d720b27@news.povray.org>
In article <3d7209c5@news.povray.org> , Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg>  wrote:

>   So how many % of people are seeing "unreadable layout"? Less than 1%
> perhaps? And that's only because they refuse to upgrade their browser,
> which is a 10-minutes operation.
>   No, I still don't agree with you.

More than 10% of all POV-Ray 3.5 users who turn to your page.  All Mac users
that would be.  Plus the "rest".  I have not checked on how many other
browsers your site breaks.

And what you apply is unreasonable standards.  Maybe this will explain it
better:

"Note that no distinction is made between patches which are themselves buggy
and patches which expose "latent" bugs elsewhere in the compiler."
<http://gcc.gnu.org/develop.html>

to be read as

"Note that no distinction is made between layout which is itself buggy and
layout which exposes "latent" layout problems elsewhere in the browser."

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde