POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: povQ&T (aka. povVFAQ) new look : Re: povQ&T (aka. povVFAQ) new look Server Time
6 Aug 2024 08:10:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povQ&T (aka. povVFAQ) new look
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 1 Sep 2002 08:37:43
Message: <3d720a17@news.povray.org>
In article <3d720827@news.povray.org> , Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg>  wrote:

>   Do game houses make versions which work with DirectX 1? Or even 7? No. Why?

Who work with computers every day for a living?  hardly those who play games
all day...

>   Do programmers make programs which work with Windows 3.1? No. Why?

Because it is not Y2K compliant and thus nobody is using it anymore.

>   Do the pov-team make the html-help of POV-Ray to work with IE 1? No. Why?

I did answer this already, so why do you bring it up again and again?  If
Windows HTML help requires IE 4 by design, well, then it does, but nobody
but Microsfot can do anything about it.

Does the povray.org or Mac HTML help version require CSS?  No, because
Microsoft did not require it and so we have no need to do so either.

>   Stop that bullshit already.
>   You know what is the difference between your example and the issue in
> question, but your pride does not allow you to publicly admit it.

No, yu made completely broken site.  You knew in advande it would cuase
problems.  Now you don't want to admit this.

If you like I can post the screenshots I posted in the TAG group in p.b.i
for everybody to see.  I planned to give you a convinient way out by just
silently fixing it, but no need for me to do so if you don't want me being
nice...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde