POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: povQ&T (aka. povVFAQ) new look : something for Ken, and anyone else with bad browsers :-) Server Time
6 Aug 2024 04:19:39 EDT (-0400)
  something for Ken, and anyone else with bad browsers :-)
From: hughes b
Date: 1 Sep 2002 00:29:46
Message: <3d7197ba@news.povray.org>
http://www.alistapart.com/stories/tohell/

Only in jest, of course. A little something I found tonight while trying to
figure out why IE6 isn't up to par like Netscape 6 (and 7?) on the CSS
stuff. Unrelated I guess.

I do see your side to this, commonality still holds a place out there on the
Internet. It's also obviously getting more and more upstaged by the changes
taking place in web browsing with every new "standard" devised.

Something I learned during that search, for which I never got a answer
exactly (yet), was that NS4.7 is said to have trouble with tables if a
graphic is right-aligned, or some such thing. Text can end up under it. Just
pointing out the fact older browser versions do have their faults and
sometimes it can help to upgrade if not for modernizing but just to be bug
free. Ultimately the user decides that themselves. And actually I saw a
similar thing occur while making a table for a web page recently, IE6 though
and not NS.