POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Feature Request: Stop Render : Re: Feature Request: Stop Render Server Time
5 Aug 2024 14:16:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feature Request: Stop Render
From: hughes b
Date: 31 Aug 2002 03:22:43
Message: <3d706ec3@news.povray.org>
"Kevin Loney" <klo### [at] pt2mcom> wrote in message
> A confirmation prompt when you stop the render might be a good idea. On
more
> than one occasion, during an exceptionally long render I've accidentally
> clicked stop instead of pause, something like that is usually followed by
> the use of many colourful 4 letter adjectives :-P I know this could get
> annoying for short test renders, but an option to turn off confirmation
> should be pretty easy to add (off by default perhaps). I'm just thinking
for
> convenience sake and fewer headaches.

Don't know why it had never been done that way, maybe some reason it wasn't
or simply everyone's oversight until you came along, I think you might have
a good idea there.

On by default could be best really, that way people would know about it. If
you're a avid user of POV-Ray there's probably plenty of skill in avoiding a
mistaken stopped render. Not so for new users, or even fumbling oldsters
like me. I can't recall any major foulups in recent memory, maybe a few and
far between thing. I'm sure I have done it though, at some time in the past.
I know I do when rerendering a file over and over quickly.

Hey, thank goodness for that "Do you want to stop?" message if closing POV
while rendering. I manage to do that a lot when quiting the other stuff
that's running.