POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Error_Bound Suggestion : Re: Error_Bound Suggestion Server Time
26 May 2024 02:49:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Error_Bound Suggestion
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 30 Aug 2002 17:51:28
Message: <3d6fe8e0@news.povray.org>

3d6f88fa@news.povray.org...
> Would it be possible (and I am no expert on how radiosity works) to
specify different values
> for error_bound for different areas of the image, and have POV-Ray
interpolate between them to
> give smooth transitions? My idea works thus:

Sometimes I render the entire image with low rad settings good enough for
most objects in the scene, and then I re-rendering with higher settings the
parts that look ugly (Poser models' faces typically look terrible and
blotchy with low rad settings). After that it's just a matter of cut and
paste. From a practical point of view that's equivalent to having the whole
radiosity block subject to a sort of "map", and the possibility of doing
that in POV-Ray itself would be nice.

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com