POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Error_Bound Suggestion : Re: Error_Bound Suggestion Server Time
29 Apr 2024 20:58:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Error_Bound Suggestion
From: Andrew Cocker
Date: 30 Aug 2002 13:33:30
Message: <3d6fac6a$1@news.povray.org>
news:3D6F8D1B.24EB0982@gmx.de...
>> I'm not sure if that would be useful, but it could be worth testing.
> Using a function for the error_bound would probably be better than your
> approach.

Ok. How would that work? Would it be automatic, or require user input to tell POV
where you
require a higher or lower error_bound? I don't really understand functions yet.

> There is already code increasing the error bound under certain
> circumstances:

I suppose my suggestion is something of a hack to get radiosity to work in a visually
pleasing
manner (which may or may not be the technically correct manner), but IMHO some scenes
would
definitely benefit from the added control, even at the expense of increased rendering
time.

Andy Cocker