POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Article: Povray's Arealights - Cheap Hack or Not? : Re: An exercise in futility... Server Time
6 Aug 2024 00:14:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An exercise in futility...
From: Tom Melly
Date: 30 Aug 2002 04:43:26
Message: <3d6f302e$1@news.povray.org>
"Alex" <ale### [at] alphacit> wrote in message

> Oh! Oh! Calma!
>
> Everybody, let's take a big breath and stop sounding so bitter and harsh.
>
> I only saw discussions get so heated in political forums (tho, sports forums
> could be candidates to that, at least in Italy).
>
> These newsgroups at times seem a lesson from Ruffled Feathers 101....

But he criticised POV! That's fighting talk where I come from...

Seriously, John sort of asked for it - even he admits he didn't read the full
documentation.

What seems a shame is that, written from another perspective - e.g. "Why area
lights are different from a grid of point lights" - would have been a helpful
(and non-contentious) resource....